A crown is sometimes referred to as a 'cap' and it fits over the remaining part of a prepared tooth.
Why might a crown be needed?
- To support a heavily filled tooth
- To protect a tooth from fracturing following root canal treatment
- To improve the appearance of teeth
- To restore a tooth after an accident/trauma
- To attach a bridge
- To cover a dental implant
What is the appearance of a crown?
Natural looking with colour matching the remaining teeth. The crown will look like a new, unfilled tooth.
Long term care?
They are permanent fixtures but occasionally come loose and require recementing.
Caring for your crown also requires good daily care as instructed by the dentist/hygienist along with routine monitoring at the recommended examination intervals.Back to Treatments Book your Appointment