Our aim is for your child to be decay free and filling free for life, be unafraid of the dentist and have the opportunity, if wanted, for straight teeth.
How can we achieve this?
- By seeing your child within their first six months.
Studies have shown that the younger your child is when attending their first dental appointment, even if just for a check-up, the more likely they are to have a positive experience, growing up unafraid of the dentist. Our team will take special care of your child to make them feel safe and cared for.
- We believe in prevention and at the appropriate age will offer fluoride applications for your child's teeth. This is a safe and effective way to safeguard the growing teeth from decay. The fruit flavoured gel is painted onto the vulnerable surfaces of the teeth.
- We can apply tooth-coloured fissure sealants to the biting surfaces of your child's teeth to prevent decay.
- We have a team of oral health educators and hygienists who can also advise on brushing and diet
- Treating your child from an early age will also allow us to spot and monitor early signs of crossbites, crowding etc.and as we have our own specialist orthodontist at the practice, we can seek early advice.
- And…. should a filling be required, we are a silver amalgam free practice so routinely white fillings are placed at no charge.